Pages

Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Mathletics for Beginners

I don't know about you, but I am always searching for an easy way to differentiate my students' learning. This year my students math levels range five grades! Needless to say, I need to differentiate a lot!

One tool that allows me to differentiate is Mathletics. It is a paid website that allows you to program for individual student needs! Mathletics is correlated to several different curriculums including the curriculums of many Canadian provinces! Plus, kids LOVE Mathletics. It's loaded with fun games and cool competitions.

I am going to be writing a series of posts that will provide you with a step by step guide to getting started with Mathletics.

Step 1: Set up your groups

Mathletics allows you to create different groups of students in order to differentiate your instruction. I have five different groups, one for each grade level that I have students working on. By creating a different group for each grade level, you will be able to assign tasks to the students that meet their specific curricular objectives. 

My next post will talk about assigning tasks to students! Be sure to follow me on Facebook for updates. 








No comments:

Post a Comment